Monday, May 6, 2013

Valentine's Day

 Let's begin by saying that I am glad I take pictures. Right now it's the only way to remember what we've done the last several months. So today is May 7, and I am in Waterloo, Iowa while Brandon is at an engineer's conference. He is there, and I am stuck in a hotel room. And when I say "stuck," I really mean, "I am by myself for 8 hours today and tomorrow!" Goal 1 - update my blog until I am current. :) 
This takes me back to Valentine's Day.
The above picture is the girls wearing their matching shirts. This never occurs anymore, but when I pulled these shirts out, they were excited to match. Thankful for the clearance shirts from Crazy 8s that I got last May. :)

 Brandon shocked me with the best Valentine's Day gift ever. The UPS man rang the doorbell, and I discovered a box from The Cheesecake Factory. Inside was an Oreo cheesecake. Oh. My. Goodness.
He nailed my love languages - taking the time to plan ahead and food! :)
We put most of the slices in the freezer, and we enjoy a few bites whenever we want; one must spread those calories out carefully. :)
 The tradition continued with the girls getting balloons from Brandon. (Though I must confess that he was so busy that I actually picked them out this year.)
Maisie with her Princess balloon.
 Sadie loved her Hello Kitty balloon.
 And a little more grown up balloon for this girl.
Grandma offered to take the girls that night for supper so Brandon and I could have a meal to ourselves. I chose to stay home and cook for the two of us instead of going out with rest of the town.
I made salmon, sweet potatoes, salads and rolls. (I think...been awhile)
It was a sweet day celebrating with those I love!

No comments: