Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PATH 5k

Three weeks after we ran the color run, our family joined many other families for an event called PATH walk. I don't remember what is stands for, but the goal is to get families active together. They offer a one mile walk and a 5k run/walk. Brandon walked with Sadie and Maisie (Grandpa joined them), and I knew I wanted to run this 5k with Analise. We joined up with Derek and the boys.
It was another beautiful morning for this event!
Again Grandma met us at different points to take our pictures.
Before the walk/run. We missed Sarah who was off for some training.
 The walkers
 And the runners. We were so fast that the picture turned out blurry. :)
 Look at the Analise's face of sheer delight.

 Whoo-hoo over half way finished!
Ahhh...3 miles later at the finish line. Analise was immediately given a medal. Thank you Jesus.
Derek and I joked that we would confuse people by running together. Braylen hung with us most of the way and then took off. Kaleb and Analise ran just ahead of us most of the way. Then Kaleb would jog ahead, stop and wait for us, then do that again. Toward the end Analise ran with Derek and me. We pushed her to the end. She ran the entire thing with NO stops. This also means I ran the entire thing with no stops. She learned she could do it! I was SO proud of her! Our time was 32-33 minutes. Not bad for a young 9 year old and old 35 year old non-runner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, so you need to come down and do the Disney Princess 10K & half with your daughter! I am doing it with mine. It is so much fun!
Darcy