Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Break


 Spring break was in mid March. And I will be blunt - I had myself a short-lived pity party. I'll be real with ya. I had really wanted to get home with the girls. However, schedules didn't allow, and I am too chicken to drive 15 hours by myself with the girls. So we were stuck in Kearney. And the cousins would be gone. In addition to that, we'd been invited to Estes Park with good friends, but we had to turn that down due to Brandon's work schedule. This all added up to my pity party. Once that was over I was determined to make it a good week for us. We had some fun things along the way.
Tabitha and Jesse stopped by to see the girls. 
Tessa came by later in the week to see us, too.
Brandon was able to get away from the office on Weds. We took a family trip to Lincoln; it was just what I (we all) needed.
We went to St. Elizabeth's to eat lunch with Grandpa. This was a special time to be back at the hospital where Sadie was born. We enjoyed time in the cafeteria reminiscing what it had been like five years ago. We also went to Grandpa's office to see where he is working these six months. 
After leaving his office we went up to the 4th floor to see who was working. I was able to see Annie, one of my nurses from my 9 weeks there. 
We then tortured the girls with a little bit of shopping. However, we made up for it by taking them to an indoor park/inflatables place called Lost in Fun.
It was a hit for all five of  us! I loved seeing and hearing Brandon enjoy it as much as I did the girls. He needed this break more than anyone.
 I spy three cute girls...

 It might be blurry, but it's proof that I was in there jumping, too!


After we wore the girls out there, we ran to Kohl's, and then we finished with dinner at Famous Dave's.
I was so thankful for this family day right in the middle of our week!

No comments: