Monday, May 6, 2013

Analise's Birthday

 My oldest turned nine on Feb. 16. Amazing. She was wanting a friend party this year; I was wanting something simple. After much thought (because it's hard to come up with something in the middle of winter) I decided to take her and three friends to the YMCA for a couple of hours. We went on a Friday when there was no school. And God blessed us - a friend gave me two passes, I had one pass, and one girl was a member. So this party cost me $7. :)
The girls spent the first hour or more swimming, and they basically had the pool to themselves. And I sat by the pool watching them and reading magazines. What a life.
Analise invited Ally, Allyson and Meredith - sweet friends.


 After swimming we had cookies and then they played in the arcade area. From there we spent some time in the super gym playing with volleyballs.
 Saturday was fun all day long. Grandmom always includes gifts for the two girls who aren't having a birthday. This year they all got new Squinkies.
 Thanks Grandmom and Pops for great gifts!
 Later in the day we celebrated good behavior by taking the girls ice skating. They were thrilled!
I couldn't remember the last time I went ice skating, so I was glad I stayed upright the entire time.




 Analise chose a volleyball cake this year. Simple enough. She also chose to have a taco dinner with the Luke family for her celebration. Again - simple enough.
 I included a fruit rainbow complete with yummy fruit dip.

 Grandma gave Analise her own sewing box with some supplies. Along with that came sewing lessons from Grandma. Analise has loved this time with Grandma while learning to sew.
 The boys gave her some books that she loved reading.


 Cake surprise - colored polka dots in the cake!
 Basket of goodies
 Our traditional birthday picture with the hat and birthday bear.
 Analise got to wear this special hat at school all day; it has her classmate's signatures on it. What a fun idea!

No comments: