Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Day May Day

May 1 is a big deal around here, and I am thankful I have lived here long enough to remember this. :)
So with a little planning, and a little prep, we were ready to deliver. However, the weather missed the message that it was May, and the day was cloudy, cold and we even had some snow flurries.
But I was prepared. I knew that icky weather was coming, and I didn't want to be out in it delivering May baskets. (I mean I didn't want my girls to run to the door in that kind of weather...)
This made for a crazy Tuesday, but it was worth it. Aaron and Kaleb came home with us after school, so they helped me by decorating the cake pops. I told them to act surprised when they saw them again. :)
They, along with Analise and Sadie, were a huge help!
Grandma came a bit later to pick up the kids to take them to deliver May baskets from the church to shut-ins. After they got back, we inhaled supper and then delivered our baskets on April 30.
We made little sunshines with this note attached. About as creative as I can get.

And May Day was still fun because the girls got lots of fun, sweet May baskets from great friends!
I am thankful for this tradition.

No comments: