Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Analise's Baptism

 Last November,  I took Analise to our church's Thanksgiving dinner, complete with about 30 baptisms. After watching many of those, we had a great discussion about it on the way home. She thought she wanted to be baptized. I told her we would talk and pray about it.
When she learned that they would doing baptisms in April, she told me again she want to be baptized. We talked again about what it meant. I pulled out my journal and read about the day she asked Jesus into her  heart. I asked her in our journal why she wanted to be baptized. 
Convinced she knew she was aware of what she was doing and why she was doing it, we signed her up.
We had a great 30 minute meeting with Pastor Mike where he asked her some questions and explained more about baptism. 
Sunday morning arrived, and she wasn't nervous - just excited!




 Brandon had the privilege in baptizing her. Does it get any sweeter than that?



We were so joyful about Analise taking this bold, obedient step in her faith. We are thankful for family who supported and encouraged her in this. She loves her new cross necklace, the cards she got, and the devotionals she has started. She asked me later that night what the next step in her faith journey was. Insightful question - I believe it's living for God day by day and being a light for Him.

No comments: