Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Swimming Lessons

We have swimming lessons three evenings a week in the month of June. So far it's been a big hit. Analise continues to love the water and improves each night. She has moved up a couple of lanes, so she is being challenged. Just last night I saw her swimming farther between breaks, and she was breathing and swimming at the same time.
Maisie is in the pool this year as well. I wasn't so sure how she would do. Two years ago we did a mom/child swimming class; she didn't like that at all. But she was excited to go this time and loves it!  Well, the outdoor pool anyway. Occasionally we are in an indoor pool. The first night there, Maisie cried and cried. She told me it was because her feet didn't reach the bottom. And sure enough, it was deeper than the outdoor pool. So when we are outside, she jumps around and plays with her friends while she waits for her turn with the instructor. At the indoor pool, she sits on the edge while she waits. I don't mind as long as she swims with the instructor like she's supposed to.
And Sadie...some nights I let her wear her suit because she wants to kick her feet. I learned this the first night when she ended up with soaked clothes. :)
 My little swimmer, as long as she can touch bottom.
 And my big swimmer. I love how she loves the water!  She doesn't get it from me. :)

Last week, Analise says to me, "Mom, I have to admit I like the outdoor pool better."
"Why?"
"Because the indoor pool is 70 feet deep!"
I chuckled and explained it was probably 70 meters long. :)

No comments: