Monday, June 27, 2011

Saturday At The Lake

Saturday morning we got up and got ready for a day at the lake. On our way down, Brandon saw a turtle in the road, so we picked him up and took him with us. Those guys can move quickly all over the floor of the van!
We let the girls play with him in the grass, and before we headed out on the boat, the girls filled up one of the small pools for "Shelly" to stay in while we were gone.


 It was a beautiful day to be out on the boat. Sunny and warm with a slight breeze to keep you cooler. We caught a few fish, but this was the first time the water was warm enough to swim around. Analise couldn't get enough time in the water, Maisie sat on the ledge and kicked her feet in the water, and Sadie swam for a bit with Brandon.

 Before Brandon skied, he had Analise back there so she could get a "mini ski lesson."
 Sadie enjoyed a sucker; can you guess what color it was? :)
The plan was for Brandon to spend the night so he could do some night fishing, but it looked like it could storm (again) so he came back with us. Though I was sad he didn't get to fish like he wanted, I am never sad when he is around. And the weather did get ugly, so I was glad he was with me. :)


When we got home from our fun day, Analise wrote in her journal about the different animals she saw. Here it is:

Today we saw a lot of anmials! We saw 1 red baby fox run acrose the rode, 6 deer, 4 Praire dog babies 2 ran off 2 dug a hole, we caught a frog and a Turtle. I forgot 3 Turkeys.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I love her journal entry. I am envious on the prairie dogs. I LOVE to watch prairie dogs (something I didn't get to see at the zoo...). Looks like a fun day at the lake!