Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Circus

When I was a girl, I loved going to the circus. It was something our family did about every three years. And for me, that wasn't often enough. When Analise came home from school with three, free, tickets for the circus, I decided we would go. It had been a couple of years since we last went. This year it was down at the arena, so I was hoping it would be a little better. But I still didn't want to spend a lot of money on it, just in case...so Brandon's boss was able to get a few free adult passes as well. Yeah! And the parking pass...even better.
The girls and I went to the afternoon show, and Brandon joined us after work. He was able to see the second half.
Analise loved it all. Maisie could hardly sit still. She was either telling me she was hungry or had to go to the bathroom. Sadie was hit or miss on paying attention.
We enjoyed the tigers and lion act.

At intermission we were able to go down on the floor and experience fun things...for a HIGH price! I felt like such a cheap mom, but I just couldn't pray $8.00 for one daughter to sit/ride an elephant for no more than two minutes. Hold a snake and have a picture taken - $10. I don't think so! Thankfully, Analise finally understood that our money doesn't grow on trees. She stopped asking to do everything because she realized it cost so much. I felt like such a fun hater.
After intermission we went up the suite and watched from there. Analise continued to watch the show while the other two climbed and jumped around.
I am glad we went and really glad it didn't cost us anything.
As a mom, I know why we only went to the circus every three years when I was a kid. :)

No comments: