Thursday, June 30, 2011

And the Fun Continues

Warning - 18 photos
As if the Beth Moore conference with friends wasn't enough, the weekend only got better. Brandon brought the girls to town to meet up with me. We met at an exit in town where I told my friends goodbye and said hello to my family. It's always nice to see the girls so excited to see me. First stop - Kohls. :) Brandon had more luck there than I did, but it was a successful trip.
We then headed to the hotel where we were meeting up with two dear cousins of mine (sisters) and their families. I haven't seen them in four years! We spent time hanging out at the hotel, ate dinner at Fazoli's and then went back to the hotel to swim. I played the role and put my suit on, but Brandon was the better parent because he got in the COLD water to swim with the girls. I took care of getting towels for every one. :)
The next morning we headed to my favorite zoo. There were four adults and nine children under the age of ten. But honestly, I think the adults were looking forward to the zoo just as much, if not more, than the kiddos. :)
It was a cool and cloudy day...not what I had hoped or packed for. However, I think it was in our favor. No sunscreen needed and no sweat dripping in our eyes. And I think the cooler weather encouraged the animals to be more active.  We were there from 9:30-5:00 and still didn't see everything!
We started in the aquarium where we had so much fun watching the penguins!
Sadie isn't quite as tall as an Emperor Penguin
 They kept swimming right by us. So fun!


 I took this picture for you, dad. You always loved these monkeys. If you look closely, you will see the twin babies in her lap.
 Walking through the jungle.
Analise took this picture of us...much better than the other two she took. In the first one, she got a close up of my ear. And the second one she zoomed in on just her daddy.  
 And here is the crew. And in my opinion, they are ALL sweet. :)
 When we were younger you could tell there was three years between each one of us...not anymore. We all look 25. :)
 One of the lions was roaring as we got over there; I told Brandon it was because they thought Sadie was a zebra.
 This tiger was pacing while waiting for dinner.
 Sadie's favorite color is orange, so when she spotted this orange tiger, she was beside herself with excitement.
 The sleeping Sunbear looks so sweet.
 They all loved petting the goats.

 It was fun watching and listening to the seals.
 I admit...orangutans have been one of my favorites since I was a kid. When we got to their area, one was busy playing, but then he came over to the glass right in front of me. We were face to face.
 After a great, great day we made the drive back home. This is how the sky looked, and Analise told me I should take a picture. I am glad I did.

3 comments:

Reba said...

Hey, that all looks very familiar. I love your sunbear picture. You got a closer up than I did. And I also love the 25 comment. :) I smiled; I stopped on the way back to Jenn's to take a picture of the sky. It was just so pretty. Absolutely loved meeting up with you. And the zoo was AWESOME.

Unknown said...

SO jealous you all got to do this together! Looks like a blast!! And, you are all clearly only 25...duh!

Jenner Carter said...

So thankful I got to be IN the photos with you! It was such a great time! Let's not wait so long for the next one. I giggled at the 25 comment. :) Your girls are delightful and adorable--you and Brandon ought to be proud! Love you all!