Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beth Moore - Better

Like many women, I have done several Beth Moore studies, and I have loved each one. She has probably challenged me and taught me more than I can even remember.
So when I heard that she was going to be speaking live...and within driving distance, I knew I must go. :)
I am so glad I did! I went with two dear friends and a little one month old. We headed out Friday afternoon and got in a little shopping and dinner at Q'Doba before the conference began.
First, the worship time with Travis Cottrell was amazing. Worshiping with 4000 other women (and 2 men) was heavenly. And it was fun seeing people I knew throughout the conference.
And then Beth came out - so fun to see her in person!  She spoke until 9:30, and then on Saturday we were there from 8:30- 12:00.

 Can you find Beth's illustration on stage? :)

 Dear friends - L with baby D, and G

Beth waits until just a few days before the conference to decide what she is going to talk about; up until that time she is in prayer asking the Lord what He wants her to share. And this time, He lead her to the word "Better."
There is a better that is bitter
and
There is a better that is better

Better is bitter....
1. When better is before
2. When better is someone besides me. The vaccination for comparison is found in Phil. 2:3-4.
3. When better is the route I didn't take/ the "if only..."
4. When better is what you should have known.

Better is better....
5. When better is the blood (of Christ)
6. When better is a Savior
7. When better is God's love
8. When better is a way
9. When better is a country (longing for the heavenly one)

So thank you to my MIL who watched the girls in the afternoon, and to my dear husband who supported me in going and taking care of the girls so I could. Thanks dear friends for your friendship and sweet memories of this time. And thank you Lord for sweet sisters in Christ...some whom I knew, and other whom I didn't. We worship the same God. And we long for the day when Better is coming.

No comments: