Friday, June 10, 2011

Fishing Frenzy

Last weekend was the first weekend we ventured down to the cabin. The weather looked promising, and the girls were excited to go. Not only were they excited about boating, but they were also excited to have their first night of sleeping in the new camper that Gma and Gpa bought. They went to bed late, and I knew they would be too excited to fall asleep right away. Unfortunately, a storm came through with predictions of high winds and hail. So an hour and half after the girls went to sleep, we were out there frantically moving them and all their loot into the cabin. Bummer.

 We headed out on the boat the next morning. It was a beautiful day to be out there! 
 All ready to load up and go.
 Brandon loves to troll out there, and it has been years since we've had much luck. Fishing just wasn't what it used to be. Until now. We were catching fish like crazy. We all had fun, but I don't remember the last time I saw Brandon that happy. He even admitted that he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Even I was catching fish; here I am with my double catch.

 Here the cooler full after the first round. Someone on another boat shared 30 fish with us, but we still kept about 20 more. And that doesn't include the non-keepers.
 Loving it all
 A good sport on the boat
 And my girl who was tired and lethargic on the boat.
 In all, they cleaned about 50 fish. While they cleaned, I monitored Sadie taking a nap (aka reading my book.) :) 
On the way home we saw a beautiful sunset. We had to pull over and take a picture. A great ending to a great day.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Looks like a fun family day! My favorite kind.