Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Blesses us to Bless Others

Last Tuesday Brandon took the day off from work so we could get out of town. First stop was for Sadie's three year developmental check. Yep, we drove two hours for a 10 minute appointment. :) We went from there to the NICU to see who was working. We got to see one of Sadie's NP and then one of our favorite nurses that we haven't seen for three years! It was so fun to see them, and they loved seeing Sadie. We then walked  over to my old floor. Unfortunately, none of my nurses were working. However, I did stop in to see someone.
One of my friends at church had a cousin that had similar complications that I had and was on bed rest in the same hospital. So while we were there, I wanted to stop by and encourage her. (A side note, she was in the same room I was!) Sadie and I walked in and I introduced myself and told her I had lived in that room for nine weeks. We visited for about 20 minutes, and it was such a blessing to meet another sister in Christ. I remember clearly the people who stopped in to see me when I was in 426. It was a great "pick me up." And just like I had been blessed in that way, I wanted to share that with someone else. And I am thankful for a husband who understood all this and hung out in the waiting room with Analise and Maisie.
From the hospital we drove another hour east to go get a dream of mine...a new couch!  We loaded (I say 'we' like I helped...) loaded the couch up in the back of the truck, and we headed home. Other than 45 minutes of not fun traveling, the girls did great in the van. We got home late, and put the girls straight to bed. Brandon and I then unloaded the couch into the garage, unwrapped it from all the tarps (it had rained on the way home) and then he took it apart so it would fit through the front door. It was all in place by 11:00. And I have loved every moment I've sat on it. :)

No comments: