Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ministry and Meetings

As a mom, I know I've been to lots of meetings lately when I  hear Maisie playing and pretending that she is going to a meeting. And honestly, sometimes I feel guilty. It's feast of famine; I either have lots of meetings or I have none.
Here are my meetings:
Children's Commission
Kid's Camp (Our VBS that I am overseeing) meetings...which leads to other meetings
Search Committee meetings
And now during the week I am leading a Bible study with some college and young married gals. (Thankfully after the girls are in bed.)
Helping out on Sunday mornings

Oh, I love it all, don't get me wrong. And I am so thankful for a husband who is willing to take care of the girls so I can attend my meetings. Yet, for awhile there, I felt like I was always leaving the girls so I could do ministry, where the whole reason I stay home with them is because they ARE my number one ministry. A few more months, and I will have less. It helps now that we are on summer vacation; I feel like I have my time with the girls before leaving again for another meeting.
(Please know that I am not writing this all down for any recognition; that's the last thing I want. I am simply recording this for memory's sake. Another season of life...)

No comments: