Monday, June 27, 2011

1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little

Indians!
Last Friday our community had a big event drawing in Indians from tribes in other states. I got up that morning and thought it would be fun to take the girls out for a bit. We went last year, and we had fun. (Though I admit I was hoping for some more educational fun this year. )
So I called Grandma and asked her if she would like to go with us. She did!  We ventured out after the downpour and walked around looking at tee pees and things. The girls had fun, but again I was disappointed that they didn't offer more. I'm not sure my girls even saw an Indian. Maybe next year we will have to just go for the tribal dance.



Can you tell by this time the girls were finished and ready for lunch?
They are sitting in front of a sod house; this was the new addition to the gathering this year. We learned more about pioneers/sod houses/and the military from that era than about Indians at the Indian festival. Go figure.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I recognize those sweet faces. :) Looks like a fun day, even without the education. :)