Friday, January 27, 2012

Things I Want to Remember 2

The girls entertained themselves the other day and did about 20 puzzles together.

Maisie decided she wanted to draw a picture for Jesus. The next day she wondered how Jesus was going to get His picture. :)  I thought  it was really sweet.


Analise wrote this on the whiteboard this week.  I made sure that she showed her dad. :)


Each girl chose her outfit for the day, and since they are so different, I wanted to capture it. Analise got this sweatshirt and pants from my parents for Christmas, and she would wear it everyday if I let her. I thought maybe she liked it because a friend at school sometimes wears sweatshirts, or I thought maybe she wanted to look a little like her cousins. Imagine my surprise when she told Brandon she liked it so much because she is dressed like me. It only confirms that I frequently wear sweatshirts. (Though with jeans.)
And then Maisie is my pink sparkly girl! I admit  I had to convince her to wear these skinny jeans, but once they were on she didn't mind. She chose this outfit two nights before her Aunt S. picked her up from preschool to take her for a couple of hours. 



Sadie has enjoyed cutting with scissors for quite some time. She usually just cuts a piece of paper up into little scraps. This week she came home with a Bible page that needed cut on the lines. So I let her try this new challenge, and I was pleased with her efforts. I thought she did a nice job of cutting pretty straight lines. 

I don't have a picture, but I surprised Sadie this week and changed out her car seat. She was too tall for the convertible seat, and it was really hard to buckle her when she was layered in her winter coat. Since she met the weight requirement to move to a booster, I went ahead and made the switch. (BTW, I didn't cry, though I did ponder the moment that my baby is growing, and I will no longer have a baby in a 5 point harness.)
Sadie opened the van door Weds. morning, saw her seat and gave an excited, "YEAH!" She then said, "I'm so excited!" She was just beaming with pride.

And how do I show Maisie I love her? I surprise her and buy her blueberries.

One more sweet memory. After lunch yesterday I went and joined the girls in the living room to do a magnetic moasic with them. I said, "Boy it's kind of cold  in here isn't it?"
Next thing I know, Sadie gets up, gets the blanket off the couch and wraps it around me to warm me up. And it worked; my heart melted.


I will close with a couple of funnies.
Ever since Sadie knows Jesus is living in her heart, she likes to feel it beat. However, she will say, "I feel my heart beeping!"

The girls know I don't let them eat anything with raw eggs in it, but I overheard Maisie tell Sadie today we couldn't eat it because it had rotten eggs in it.

Maisie says to me to get my attention, "Mama?"
Analise pipes in, "Old Mama."

1 comment:

Reba said...

I always love your girl memories. And if that note on the whiteboard doesn't touch Daddy's heart, I don't know what will. :)