Friday, January 6, 2012

Muir Woods

After the bridge we headed north, wiggled our way up on twisty narrow roads that lead us to Muir Woods. I had read about it after a cousin mentioned liking it. Brandon kept asking me if this was where I really wanted to bed. Yes. It. Was. We had some great views of the bay on our way there.


We arrived and had no idea  of the splendor we would encounter.

What a tree!

This was a very old, large tree!

I wish we could read the dates better...

Our hike was two miles, across four different bridges. For part of the hike we went a little more off the beaten path to walk higher - at the tree mid lines instead of at the base.
 We look like tree huggers, but really we are trying to give perspective on how big they really were.


The pictures cannot begin to grasp how tall these trees are - over 300 ft tall. And then they are so tall, you lose perspective on how big their diameter is. Our God is an awesome God!


I loved how this tree came out over the path.

This was an opening on one of many trees.

We loved the sound of the water in the stream.

Not only were ferns growing in the forest, too, but this fern is growing on another tree!

 I seen an A for Analise. Don't you?

We walked around for a little over an hour because the park was going to close soon. From there we went to a Cheesecake Factory that wasn't too far away. Mmm good. A good ending to a good day!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Oh, I want to go back. When we went, we took a guided tour...it was before we really started hiking. Now I want to go back and hike it myself. I am so glad you enjoyed it!