Thursday, January 5, 2012

More December Memories

One of my favorite Christmas memories growing up was making Cinnamon Twist Coffeecake (many) with my mom and sister. I now like to carry on the tradition and make the coffeecake for gifts. And then we always eat one of Christmas morning. To me, the smell of Christmas is this coffeecake baking.  I was hoping to have the chance to make a batch with each of the girls, but I am sad to admit that didn't  happen. Sadie was the only one who was able to help this year, and she loved it! And I loved it, too. Here she is doing her favorite part - "painting" on the butter.

 And the finished product - mmmm good!



One night before Awana, we had tacos and we had the red and green tortilla chips. We also had baked beans. I looked over at Maisie and knew exactly what she was going, so I had to catch this creativity on camera:

She decorated a Christmas tree!

 One Saturday afternoon we went to Brandon's
mom's side of the family Christmas reunion (minus one husband...). The kids all ate lunch with GG. It was a nice time there.


Though all the girls may not have helped make coffeecake, they sure helped make other treats. We made a few batches  of pretzels with almond bark and pretzels with Rolos. We had lots of fun and laughter working in the kitchen together. And the best part - they really were helpful. :)



Grandpa gave the girls a horse ride...something they needed!


And here's Sadie...watching the bread maker after we had just put in all our ingredients.

No comments: