Thursday, January 19, 2012

Saturday

Saturday was my last day in CA. Brandon was supposed to stay until the following Thursday, but thankfully that changed and he was able to come home Sunday. We got up Saturday morning with the hopes of getting to the beach before I had to be at the airport.
We first stopped to see the machine Brandon's been working on for months. We weren't there too long, and it was nice to see the machine and meet more people that he's been working with. From there we drove over the bridge again and headed to the beach.


We got the beach at 10:00, and I joked to Brandon that we were the only ones there without a dog. Turns out we probably were. Here is a glimpse of all the people and little dogs there. (Probably close to 100) We talked with a local and found out this "puppy parade" meets weekly.


This was my first time on the Pacific Ocean; I've seen the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. I was amazed at the big waves. They were unreal! Though I haven't been to a beach in years, but I was quickly reminded how awesome and God inspiring it was!




We finally got our picture taken together on this trip!


Back in the day when I was at a beach, I always took a picture of my feet in the sand. I took this one because of tradition, but I also wanted to remember one of our jokes on the trip. One of my AAA San Francisco travel guides had a couple of tips...one of which was to wear comfortable shoes, but not tennis shoes because that was a sign you were a tourist. So I wondered, "Do Privos count?" :)

After spending time at the beach, we drove along the coast some more and came to a really pretty scenic overlook.

From there Brandon dropped me off at the airport. Even knowing he would be home the next day, I sobbed as I hugged him goodbye. Though he worked more than we liked, it was still a special time together. After so many weeks of him traveling, it was nice to connect again. It just made the goodbye that much harder.

By 9:00 that night I was wrapped up in hugs again - by my sweet daughters! They had had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa, but it's nice to know they missed me and were glad I was home again.

No comments: