Monday, August 23, 2010

Time Keeps Moving

The last couple of weeks have flown by! We tried to make the last week of summer vacation as fun as possible.
We spent a couple afternoons swimming at our cousin's pool. All three girls got in and played. And they all loved it! I kicked back in a chair, under a tree and visited with my sister in law. Life was good.
We went to the fun center one morning with friends so they could play together.
We took two of the boys with us to the Children's Museum.
We celebrated two birthdays with family. Unfortunately, Brandon and Sadie stayed home because Sadie had a fever; she had a virus that looked just like strep. The girls and I had fun but missed the other two.
Brandon and I wanted to take Analise out for an afternoon treat. He was planning on meeting us at TCBY, but something came up at work, so it was just Analise and I. We went to a local coffee shop and got slushies. We sat in the back and had some good heart to heart. I wanted to take the opportunity to really connect and pour into her before another school year started. It was lots of fun! Brandon then took Analise out for lunch the next day. I will admit...she was more excited about her time with dad then she was with me.
We had Analise's back to school open house. We met her teacher, saw her classroom, and then we went back down to her Kdg. room to see last year's teacher. Thanks to Grandma, the other two didn't have to come.
Sadie and I spent an hour at the clinic. (more to come later)
And just like that, summer vacation comes to a close. :(

No comments: