Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3: Shop til she Dropped

After a few days of go, go, go, we decided to have a nice slow morning at home. I think it was a good for everyone. Brandon spent time upstairs working, and the girls enjoyed all the "new" toys...and of course, Minnie. :)
Here Sadie is pretending to be Minnie.

All the girls enjoyed the Little People that my sister and I used to spend hours playing with.

Analise played a lot of Memory and Crazy Eights this time out.

Analise was so good with old Minnie.

Analise and I spent some time outside playing catch. Besides her throwing into the rose bush a couple of times, we had fun. It was nice to just be and play with the girls.
After lunch, Analise, Grandmom and I headed out for school clothes. Analise did pretty well (better than last year) but she still wears out quickly. We had some luck, but I was hoping we'd do better. Children's Place had some things, and I got just a little at Kohl's. I am quickly learning firsthand what others had told me. As girls get older, it gets harder to shop. The styles become more trendy and grown up looking. Unfortunately for Analise, I didn't like this year's trend. I wore those same kind of clothes years ago. I don't need to relive it. :)
We got home just in time to make supper for our company...B and G. What a nice evening it was hanging out with them. Dinner was yummy, too.
After the girls were in bed, Brandon and I went for a walk. A walk....by ourselves, late evening, a beautiful full moon, holding hands and just talking. It seems like something so simple, but it was wonderful. He enjoyed it, too. We used to go for walks together frequently, but as we added daughters, it got more difficult. So having that uninterrupted time with him was heavenly.


No comments: