Monday, August 2, 2010

Let the Fun Begin

I always look forward to vacation, and going to my parent's house is at the top of my list. This year I was really looking forward to it. Brandon had not had a vacation since we went to IN last year. He didn't take any extra days over the holidays. He's been working like crazy. So a week with him and the girls sounded heavenly. I was even blessed with him asking for an extra day off, and his boss giving him the okay. Before the trip, Brandon did tell me he was going to have to work on vacation. I'll admit - my first reaction was dread and sadness. However, we talked it out, made clear our expectations, and it all worked out fine!
We left last Friday and drove most of the way. And I drove most of the way. :) Brandon worked in the van. The girls did awesome! Praise the Lord for a DVD player and an Ipod for when we need a "pick me up." We'd crank the music and dance in our seats. We got to the hotel about 8:00. The girls can be so tired in the van, but as soon as we pull into the hotel, they come alive. I let Maisie and Analise go swim with Brandon for a short bit, and Sadie took a long bath. We then gave them showers and snacks and tucked them in. I'm sure it was 10:00 before they were all asleep.
Day 1: Got Milk?
Saturday morning we woke up to storms and rain. I was bummed! However, as we traveled the sun appeared and stayed out. Yeah!
We met my parents and sister and bro in law at the coolest dairy. It was so much fun. Everyone age 2-62 enjoyed it!


We started with a 4D movie called "From Grass to Glass." We got sprayed with water during the show. (I love Analise's look in this pix; cracks me up!)

My favorite was the birthing barn. We saw a live birth! SO COOL!

Here is a calf standing up for the first time. So precious.
We took a bus tour of the dairy and got out to see the milking parlor. Quite impressive.

They had several play things for kids outside. Here Analise scaled the climbing wall.

She quickly climbed up the 25 feet.
Analise and Aunt P. enjoyed jumping on the "Dairy Air."
Sadie liked the playground equipment

Brandon joined in on the fun. Look at his ups!


We spent about three hours at the dairy and enjoyed a picnic lunch while there. We then made the 2.5 hour drive home. Yesterday we went the entire 9 hours without an, "I have to go potty" announcement. Before we left the dairy, everyone went potty.
We were in the van 5 minutes when Analise made the announcement. Analise...my girl with the steel bladder. So we stopped. 10 more minutes down the road, Maisie pipes up....again we stop. Goodness!
We got home, settled in, the girls played with beloved Minnie, we enjoyed a pizza dinner and relaxed after the girls were in bed. I stayed up with my folks, and we watched "Hitch." I had forgotten how funny that movie was. Day 1 - just like I had hoped.








1 comment:

Reba said...

That movie, especially the allergy scene, cracks me up! That dairy looks like so MUCH fun! I cannot wait to read more. :)