Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sadie Lady

I can't believe Sadie is at the stage and age that she is. Where has the time gone? She's at the fun stage where she wants to do things, "Me do it mommy." Which translates into mad she can't do it and mad if I have to help her. She is talking up a storm. She can repeat most any word she hears, and she is speaking in short sentences. It's so nice we can communicate! She is loving her new bed and bedroom. She knows to come out quietly, so that's a blessing. She doesn't usually wake up Maisie. (Something we are all thankful for. :)) She still doesn't eat much for breakfast, but she usually makes up for it at lunch. Like Maisie, she loves fruit! However, she is also my best veggie eater. This summer she has enjoyed cut up cucumbers from the garden. She loves to play whatever her sisters are playing, and she likes to help me around the house.
She makes me laugh the way she mimics her sisters, and it's funny hearing things come from her mouth that the older two were never saying at this age. "That's not fair." "I like to move it, move it." She does a nice job of saying please, and I love hearing her unprompted, "Thank you, mommy."
A couple of nights she has woken up dry, so I've put her on the potty, and she's gone! One morning she wore panties around the house, and I learned she can hold it for quite awhile. One of these days when it's quiet and calm around here, I hope to train her. As encouraging as her sisters can be, it can be a little overwhelming when they are both in the bathroom waiting for Sadie to go. She is sitting longer to watch movies. I must admit, that is nice! She still loves wipes; she'll still ask for one when we are in the van, and she will clean her feet with it. Sadie just breaks my heart every time I go somewhere without her. She gets so sad, has alligator tears pouring out of her eyes, and asks me not to leave. It's so good to come home and find her excited to have me back.
A couple of weeks ago I got home shortly after she was in bed. I went to check on her (she was asleep) and I found her covered in blood. There was blood everywhere! I got Brandon, and we took her into the bathroom to clean her up. The source was a spot on her cheek that she'd had for quite some time, but she has picked it. It wouldn't stop bleeding. Finally after about five attempts of Brandon super gluing it, it stopped bleeding. She didn't put up a fight at all the entire time. The next afternoon it began bleeding again. I took her into the clinic. Though we were a walk in, I walked right back to the doctor's rooms. (You know you've been there several time when the nurses greet you by name.) Again, it would not stop bleeding. After my peds contacted a couple of other doctors, we decided it was a pyogenic granuloma. Basically it's blood vessels at the surface, and that's why it takes to long to stop bleeding. After an hour, it finally stopped bleeding. My doc put some silver nitrate on it to keep if from opening again. This was a temporary fix. We are scheduled to see a plastic surgeon next month for a more permanent fix. Sure enough, it's coming back, so I am glad we are able to see him. Two days later, Sadie came down with a fever and a icky looking throat. I took her back to the clinic, and they tested her for strep. Negative. It was a viral thing that looked a lot like strep. By Sunday afternoon, she was back to normal. Needless to say, she and I had gotten plenty of QT at the doctor. She again did awesome each visit. The only thing she doesn't like is needles. If I tell her there are no shots, then she never cries. I think she is such a fighter, just like she was a fighter in the womb and NICU. Nothing phases her anymore. Sadie, we all love you!
Sadie caught this cricket all on her own!
Sadie is ready to play Wii Dance

Coming out from the bushes




1 comment:

Reba said...

She is a cutie! I cannot believe how grown up she looks. Where did the time go? She sounds like so much fun. Time for another family reunion so we can spend some time together!