Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 5: Date Day. Woo-hoo!

Who can turn down a free day with the husband? I sure can't! What makes it even better is knowing that the grandparents are the ones encouraging you to do it. When my mom says, "It's a win-win. We get the girls, and you get time by yourselves...." I enjoy it to the fullest.
We left around 9:00. Our first half of the day was spent at a state park 40 minutes away. It has several small lakes that are connected by streams and channels. So we rented a canoe for 2+ hours. The weather was beautiful, and we felt like the only ones in nature. I enjoyed the time, but I enjoyed even more hearing Brandon say more than once, "This is so much fun." It truly was relaxing for him, and I am so thankful.
My favorite part of the canoeing was this channel where we were covered in trees. So peaceful!



One of the lakes we canoed through

One of the lakes was completely covered in a moss. It made for some interesting rowing! I put this picture up to show the contrast of regular water next to the moss.
Me and my man...

We canoed about 6 miles and enjoyed every minute of it.
After we left there we stopped for lunch, headed home to change (freshen up) and took off again. We headed to the mall so we could also be productive on our date. Brandon needed some things, and there was no better opportunity than now. Shopping with three girls just isn't the same. I have a sense it never will be. :) After the mall we went to Dick's, ate supper at Chili's and then hit Kohl's. The funniest part of the day was when Brandon tried on jeans. I won't say too much because I don't think he would want everyone to know. I will say three words: teal skinny jeans. 'Nuff said.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for loving the girls while Brandon and I enjoyed some QT together. The day went fast, I never once worried about the girls, and it's something I wish we could do more often. The girls loved their donut date, playing at the splash park, watching "Charlotte's Web" during an afternoon rain shower, and spending time with you!





1 comment:

Reba said...

Looks like a very fun day! I want to go canoing there too. Beautiful. I love those "win win" situations. I know the kids had fun and you had a much deserved date day.