Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wednesday Vacation

A day with my hubbie! Hip hip hooray! My parents were so excited to take care of the girls so Brandon and I could get away. It's hard for them to be so far from the girls (hard on me, too), so it wasn't hard for me to say goodbye. When I told Analise what we were doing, and that she would be staying home with Grandmom and Pops, she said, "Yeah! Now we can do whatever we want...with Grandmom and Pops." :)
Brandon and I left around 9:30 for Indianapolis. I hadn't been downtown in years and never with Brandon. He's more of a country guy, but I knew we'd have fun down there. Our first stop was Dunkin Donuts. Got to have donuts when traveling early. :) The trip down went fast while we talked and laughed. Our first outing was at Circle Center Mall. It's a fun place to walk around and do some shopping. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but it was pleasant walking around with him and talking without interruptions. I did get a Colts shirt, and I found pants and a shirt at Eddie Bauer marked down. I think I paid 1/3 of the original price.
We ate lunch at PF Changs...again not Brandon's first choice, but I love it. Mmmm, good. We were told that we could tour the Colts new arena on Weds. afternoons, so we planned on doing that. I was so excited! We walked to the arena a few blocks away to find out they'd been canceled for the day. Bummer. We then had to come up with plan B. So we drove over to the Indy Speedway to look around and take a tour around the track. We enjoyed that, too. Brandon had never been there before.
We then drove across town (thanks, GPS) and met some friends at Uno's. Uno's was one of the main reasons we went to Indy. Brandon loves their pizza! My dearest college friend, S, and her husband live there, and they were kind enough to meet us for supper. Again it was SO nice to enjoy a meal with friends. No one else's food to cut! Before we knew it, we had to head home. The day away went too quickly, but we enjoyed it all. Mom and dad, thanks for watching my beloved daughters! If we were closer, I know you would have and enjoy them so much more.

While we were away, my parents were busy keeping the girls busy. I thought the girls might wear them out, but instead I think it was the other way around.
Shortly after we left, they took the girls out for donuts. From there they went to a big, fun playground. After the girls were finished playing there, they moved on to a splash park. The girls LOVED it! Analise was the only kid running around wearing goggles. :) They asked Analise if she wanted lunch at McDonald's. She said she would because she never gets to eat there. That's true. They ate lunch and then played on their outdoor playground!
Time for naps...when they got up they went to another local, huge playground for the girls to play once again. For dinner they grilled hot dogs and ate that along with mac and cheese. The girls love this meal. I think after that they took Minnie for a walk. Phew, I'm worn out just thinking about it.
They invest so much time/energy into the girls. It not only means the world to the girls, but also to me as well. My love language it quality time, so when they spend time with the girls, I also feel loved. Wish we could do it more often, mom and dad!

No comments: