Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And So it Begins

"A" is for Analise in All day kindergarten! We were so excited she could go to school on the first morning. In the past, school began on a Thursday, so they would have a back to school openhouse the night before. This year they started on a Monday, so that meant an openhouse that morning from 8-9. Talk about torture on the moms! If it had been the night before, I could have been so excited and happy the whole time. I knew Monday morning would be hard on me. I didn't let myself down. :) Sunday evening I look at old photo albums to take a walk down memory lane...kind of hoping I would get emotional then instead of the morning. Didn't do the trick. Monday morning came, and she was up bright and early! Unfortunately, that also meant Maisie was up early, but she doesn't wake up so bright. Grandma was kind enough to come over so Brandon and I could take Analise together, and we didn't have to get the other girls ready. We drove over and she showed Brandon where her classroom is. She was so excited. We found her locker, her seat, and she began coloring. I did some parent things by signing up for stuff. I was good to go. And then at 8:30 the teacher announced she was going to get started. Parents were welcome to stay or leave. I knew then I needed to get out of there. I didn't want Analise to see my tears. We asked if she was ready for us to go, and she said yes. I gave her a quick I love you and quickly left the room. Walking down the sidewalk, Brandon asked me if I had noticed that we were the only parents who left. Now I felt bad and cried more. (We found out later that other parents did leave when we did.) He took me home, gave me the hugs I needed and then headed to work.
The girls and I had to get out that morning so we went and got some groceries. She was only there in the morning, and I was ready to pich her up. She was excited to see us, and she loved telling me she had fun. I asked her if she missed me. She looked kind of puzzled and said, "No." I guess that's the way it should be.


2 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

Pam, I am right behind you. Our first day is tomorrow. I didn't cry with the first one b/c I was her Kindergarten teacher! ;) But I did shed a tear or two with numbers 2 and 3. When tomorrow comes, and my 'baby' (who was my baby until my surprise boy came), it will be an all out cryfest. How can she be starting school? She just learned to walk yesterday it seems!!! Your daughter looked precious. My dad used to always have us hold up how many fingers for the grade we were going into.

Reba said...

Look at her! She is so grown. Is she still loving it? Can you believe that she, Gilly Bean, and Maria are all in school this year?