Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friday

Friday dawned a beautiful day. The girls slept well, and I love that when they get up they go downstairs to find my parents and the dog. They let me rest in peace. :) However, I still get up to help with them...don't worry. After breakfast we decided to drive over to Shmucker's...it's a locally owned Amish produce store. I grew up going there every summer, so I like to go back. The girls had fun, too. We got some yummy, fresh fruits and veggies. We also walked back behind the horse barn to see the work horses. They are huge! A couple of older foals came over to see us. They wouldn't let us pet their velvety noses, but we liked having them close. We then took the drive back home. One of the things I love about my home town is you are in the city, but we drive a couple of minutes, and we're back in the country. Simplicity.
After lunch, the girls took naps, and I relaxed while my dad and Brandon went to the driving range. After Analise was done with her rest time, she helped my mom in the kitchen. She loves that. They made their traditional ranch mix (like chex mix), and she helped cut up fruit.

The girls enjoy a table their size.
Analise is so happy to be helping Grandmom!

A favorite...walking Minnie


Sadie's favorite...climbing the stairs.
Friday evening we had some family friends come over for dinner (B and G). They are my parent's best friends, and they are like family to me. We enjoyed dinner and visiting. We even took Minnie for a walk around the pond. It was a great ending to a great day!

No comments: