Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunday Vacation

Sunday was a full day. We went to church with my parents, and I always enjoy seeing friends there. I put Sadie in the nursery, but the other girls stayed with us. I am so thankful for Color Wonder Markers! After church we headed straight to the mall. We met up with my sister there, and the guys took off for golf. When Analise was home for her 3rd birthday, Aunt Peg took her to Build A Bear Workshop. Since we were home the so close to Maisie's 3rd birthday, A. Peg wanted to carry on the tradition. We went to B. A. B. and let Maisie do some damage. We let her pick the animal, after we did some weeding out of our own. She chose a Jack Russell puppy. Kind of fitting, when you think about it. Maisie had so much fun, and Analise was a good sport through it all. Maisie's puppy has two hearts, and she picked out a cute outfit and pink sandals. She named her puppy, "Puppy." :)
We went home for lunch and put the girls down for naps. It wasn't much later, and we were waking the girls up. It was family pictures time!
I had arranged my dear friend, A, to take pictures for us. I don't have them yet, so I will have to post them another time. The golfers got back just in time to change quick and away we went. We went out to my friends, R and M's, new house in the country. They had a nice pond that made a nice backdrop. We started with the whole family picture first. It's been two years since the last family picture, and we figured it was time to add Sadie. :) Oh, the girls did okay. Actually two of them did well. Analise knew well enough to smile and cooperate. Sadie was happy, and Maisie well, she was just moody. She woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We'll see if she is smiling in any of the pictures. After many poses there, we went to a small nearby "town" for a more urban look. I fed the girls snacks on the way there, but honestly, they were done. The backdrops were great, the girls were darling, and their moods were on to something else. I do have confidence in A to come up with something good. :)
We drove home for a family dinner with P and D. One the way home Brandon spotted a garage sale. He turned the van around so I could go shop. We got another sit -n- spin, since our one wasn't enough (hah!) and the game Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Dirt cheap toys!
Dinner was fun, and we enjoyed the short time we had with P and D. They had to head home after dinner, and we gave the girls baths and put them to bed early. The peace and quiet was very welcoming after such a busy day.

Aunt Peg, Puppy and Maisie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoy your posts. It sounds like you had a great time in Ft. Smith, I know your mom and dad enjyed having you there! The girls are so adorable.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Love, AK