Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Monday Vacation

Monday was zoo day, and I could hardly wait. I love zoos! I don't even pretend that I go to zoos because of my children. This is a top rated zoo, and I was thrilled to see the new and improved African Safari. The weather was perfect. We had two strollers, but I hardly pushed either one. Grandparents who don't get to see their granddaughters very often enjoy pushing strollers. :) The highlights were seeing the sea lions fed and perform a little show. Analise, Brandon and I took the new sky tram ride over the Safari. It was nice, but I don't think we will do it again. Analise and I fed a giraffe! We bought a lettuce leaf, and the giraffe grabbed it with his really long tongue. To be that close was amazing. The girls loved riding the train with Pops. I have fond memories of that train ride, too. We also got to witness one tortoise giving another tortoise a "piggy back ride." At least that is what we told the girls. I found this so funny simply because fours years ago at the Phoenix Zoo, I saw the same thing. Really, what are the odds of witnessing this twice?
After the zoo we are lunch at the park close by. The girls loved all the play equipment!
By the time we got home, it was definitely nap time!
Sadie was a real trooper riding in the stroller all morning.

Three Little Monkeys...
A close up to the lion who never did turn around


Did you know Brandon is taller than a giraffe? :)


The giraffe wasn't licking Maisie, though it looks like it

Got to love the train ride with Pops!
Maisie chased the goats, and Analise didn't want near them
Monday evening we enjoyed a yummy dinner, and then my dear friend, K, picked me up for a girl's night out. (While I was gone, Analise and Maisie enjoyed a bubble bath in Grandmom's big jetted tub...always a favorite!)
Anyway, K and I had several hours together, so we hit the mall first. We only went into one store, but we had fun. We then went to see S, Rachel's husband. I had taken home lots of clothes to pass down to their youngest daughter. I couldn't think of a better way to pass them along. There was no need for them to sit in totes, and I didn't want to sell them. We've been blessed with hand-me-downs, and I wanted to bless someone else that way, too. K and I went over to give S the clothes. We ended up talking with him for a couple of hours. We pitched in and helped give the oldest two baths and helped put them to bed. It was a good night, but it was a hard night. I won't share details, but I will ask you to continue to pray for the family. It's been four months since Rachel's home going. Hard, hard, hard.
K and I then headed to Starbucks. We only got to visit there for 35 minutes since they close at 11:00. So we then sat in her van for the next two hours and talked. I sure wish we could have coffee chats much more often! I love ya, K!





No comments: