Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tuesday Vacation

Ugh...this is the second time I've typed this. I got a failure the first time. Round two:

If you have learned anything about me, it's that I love to reminisce, recall found memories, and I love relationships. Tuesday brought a combination of them all. I thought it would be fun to show Analise where I went to school and let her see my kdg. classroom. I called a childhood friend who now works up at the school/church, and she agreed to show us around. Brandon and Analise were troopers as we walked around the school. It brought back a lot of fond memories for me! I know my parents made big sacrifices to send me to a Christian school, and I am so thankful for that! I hadn't been in the building for almost 10 years, and I even got to see my 5th grade teacher. We laughed at the memories we had. Analise liked seeing my kdg. classroom, and she even climbed up into the loft that I used when I was five. I love every minute of it!
After the school, we made a quick stop at Meijer. I didn't realize how much I would miss that store until I had to shop at Walmart. Analise got a pair of flip flops - something she has wanted all summer. Nothing like early August to get her some. :)
We headed home, and Brandon went to meet a college friend for lunch. After my mom and I put the girls down for naps, we headed out.
I have so been looking forward to school clothes shopping for Analise. We've been abundantly blessed with great hand me downs, but we've reached the point that she needed some new clothes. My folks are only 40 minutes from an outlet mall, so we headed there to do our damage. We contributed to the economy at Carter's, Osh Kosh and The Children's Place. Analise was a good sport about trying everything on. We learned that she needed size 6 pants and size 5 shirts. The only mishap was when she accidentally knocked over a mannequin. :) Thanks also to my mom for contributing to the clothing! I don't claim to have any fashion mind, but I think she will be one cute kindergartener! I think this would be a great tradition to start. :)
We got home in time to go out for supper. We ate at my favorite Mexican place. The quesadillas are scrumptious! I sat between Maisie and Sadie, so it wasn't really relaxing, but it was worth it for the food.
When we got home we went for a walk around the pond with Minnie, of course.
After the girls were in bed, we watched "We are Marshal." I really enjoyed it. It was a great way to end a great day!

No comments: