Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saturday Vacation

Saturday we got up with a mission in mind: Kohl's. :) I have wanted some new shorts all summer long. Once upon a time I was going to shop for clothes while in CO, but that trip never happened. I have a hard time buying clothes for myself. I don't mind spending money on the girls or Brandon, but I do for myself. So this trip to Kohl's was important...coupons, a husband there to nod his approval when I came out of the dressing room, and grandparents to entertain the girls. We were there for quite a while, but I hit the jackpot! I got some new shirts and shorts, and I shopped in peace. I think my folks took the girls up and down the escalator about 30 times. :) One thing I love about Kohl's is seeing how much money I saved. I actually saved more money than I spent, and I got $30 in Kohl's cash! A shopping high...
We went home for a quick lunch and packed for the lake. Our friends B and G have a lake home about 45 minutes away. I grew up coming here each summer, but it had been 9 years since I was last there. It was a very relaxing afternoon. It was kind of cloudy and cool, bit I still enjoyed a ride on the pontoon. Brandon rode the jet ski with their son C. They had a BLAST! I loved seeing Brandon enjoy this time on the water. Believe it or not, Analise also love the jet ski! C was a very careful driver with her on, and she couldn't get enough. When she got off the last time she asked me, "Mom, can we buy a jet ski?" I guess a boat isn't enough. :) We ate dinner there and enjoyed time with friends.

Our afternoon water fun
Analise is still talking about that jet ski!

Maisie liked wearing these slippers



No comments: