Thursday, April 3, 2008

Busy Day

Yesterday was a busy day, and while I felt good while out and about, today I can feel it. My sister in law, Sarah, and I left early yesterday for our day in Lincoln. I had two doctor appointments. My first one at the urologist took a long time, but I got the news I wanted. Let's just say, I am a little more free. (I'll spare the details.) My other appointment was with my OB doc. That went well, too, and I was given permission to drive. Watch out - it might be scary seeing me on the road after so many months of not driving. :)
Our time with Sadie was simply delightful. We got there while she was wide awake. The nurse came in then and gave Sadie her first tub bath. She doesn't have her IV anymore, so we graduated from sponge baths. Sadie cried a little but nothing like her two sisters did at their first bath! We then got her dressed and got our snuggle time. She fell asleep while I was holding her, and she kept sleeping while Aunt Sarah held her.
She is growing and now weighs 3-5 pounds. She still needs some oxygen, esp. at her feedings. We are praying she outgrows this. Her tummy is rather large. Though they don't seem too concerned, this mama would feel a little better if it came down to a more normal size.
We continue to appreciate your prayers. We still have a peace that Sadie is where she needs to be, though we miss her lots. I am feeling well most of the time but can tell when I have overdone it. We take it one day at a time and trust in God's faithfulness.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Sounds like you had a good day with Miss Sadie. We will keep praying for her growth so she can be home with you! Take it easy; all three girls need you so don't wear yourself out too much. :)
Reba

PBJJ said...

I am thankful that things are steadily improving for you and Sadie! We will continue to be praying for you all! Love, Pamela