Monday, April 14, 2008

Quick Request

I always get a little nervous when I get a call from the NICU. I imagine it's close to the same feeling a parent gets when the school calls them. It can't be good. Thankfully, things are usually just fine when the NICU calls. Today the nurse practitioner wanted to let me know that Sadie still needs the oxygen and high flow, though they've been trying to wean her. Her blood work today showed that her red blood cells and hemoglobin were both rather low. This could be why she needs the assistance with breathing. They want to help her by giving her a blood transfusion. They are doing this on Monday afternoon. Please pray everything goes well. I admit, it makes me kind of nervous, but I keep reminding myself I have to trust the Lord. He's been faithful with so much already! And like my dad said, transfusions can be a good thing. I am living proof of that!
Thanks for covering her in prayer!

No comments: