Monday, March 31, 2008

2 weeks old

It's hard to believe our little Sadie is already 2 weeks old. Today was the day we were scheduled for delivery, but God knew the perfect timing of when she needed to be born. In fact, He was faithful in answering prayers against infection. When my blood work came back the day of delivery, it indicated infection. What we learned when Sadie was born is that the infection was contained in the umbilical cord; neither she nor I had the infection. PTL!
Brandon and I went to see her this weekend. She is doing well! She slept almost the entire time we were with her, but we were able to snuggle. One night I was able to kangaroo care her again. She is slowly growing and beginning to gain weight. They continue to increase her volume of milk they give her, and now they are adding some calories as well. It shouldn't be long and she will be of her IV. She is still on a little oxygen, and that isn't concerning but we continue to pray for her lungs to develop and get strong enough to do what they need to on their own. She is a sweet little one, and we have much to be thankful for. I call the NICU each day for an update, and it's always comforting to hear that she is a good girl and doing well. We plan on seeing her a couple of times a week. It's always a little sad to not have all my girls together at the same time. We know Sadie is where she needs to be, but we look forward to the day she can come home. We have been told to plan on her coming home around her due date, which is the middle of May. We aren't looking for a magic weight, but before she can come home she needs to be gaining weight, eating from a bottle and nursing, maintaining her body temp and off the monitors. Each day is a day closer to being a complete family at home!
Thanks for the prayers for my recovery. Each day I find myself feeling a little stronger, but it is taking time. I have a couple of follow up appointments this week, and hopefully those will go well.
We feel like a family of miracles, and we praise God for so many things! We'll continue to keep you updated a couple of times a week, and hopefully each post will contain more answered prayers.

3 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

My sister, Wendy, just sent me a link to your blog. Your little Sadie is just precious and already a princess to the Most High King. May she continue to grow in a mighty way so that you can all be together.

Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Sadie is just so beautiful and perfect! What an awesome God we serve! I know the recovery must be slow, but you and Sadie have already shown you are true fighters with a passion for life! I am constantly thinking of you all, praying for a quick return to your "normal" life and routine. I also think of you and your strength right now during this time that I am on bedrest. Your story and faith motivates me in so many ways.
Love,
Jenner and all the Carter's

Reba said...

I am looking forward to your visits with Sadie (and more pictures). I am glad you are recovering and look forward to the day that you are ALL together too! God has His plan. I do not claim to understand it, but He does...
Reba