Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bump Day

I know it's supposed to be "hump day" but I thought this might be more appropriate since my baby bump is getting rather large. :)
It' been beautiful the last couple of days, and yesterday I was able to get out to enjoy it. I think I will get out again today.
I've been able to get together a couple of times with another patient who like me, ruptured early. She is now just 24 weeks along. I want to encourage her so please pray for the opportunities.
My c-section is now officially scheduled for 1:30. I told my doctor that I might be a little hungry, but that was fine. He told me I could eat a small breakfast. :)
This morning when he was in, he asked me if there was anything I needed, so I told him just for time to keep moving along quickly. He chuckled and then proceeded to tell me that he only sees someone like me every 2-3 years...ruptured this long and stable. I don't tell you that to boast. I hope you are blessed by it as much as I was, knowing God continues to answer prayers and is so faithful.
The case manager from the NICU stopped in and is encouraged how far I've made it but mentioned again that there is concern about the lungs. She said Babe could be pretty sick when she is first born. Honestly, it was a little disheartening. Then it was like the Holy Spirit reminded me that God has gotten us this far, so why lose faith now? Would you continue to pray with me for a completely healthy little girl...our miracle baby? THANKS! I close with a few words from the song playing right now...
everlasting your light will shine when all else fades...never ending your glory goes beyond all things...and the cry of my heart is to bring you praise..from the inside out my soul cries out...

2 comments:

Reba said...

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures! I don't think I have ever gotten to really see you pregnant. :)
Reba

Dillan Family said...

Praise the Lord for that BUMP! God's doing amazing things with this little one already. It'll be great to see what God has in store for her. terri