Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home




Good news: after 9 weeks in the hospital, they finally let me go. I was beginning to think I was going to need to change my permanent address! I will miss all my great nurses, and I will definitely miss my baby girl! Before leaving her I was able to change her, take her temp and snuggle some. I am so thankful that her Grandpa is close by and can check on her every day. She continues to do well, and they keep increasing her feeding amount. Grandpa just called to let me know that Sadie is virtually back to her birth weight. Yeah!
It was sad telling my nurses/friends goodbye, but it felt great to get out in the big world again. The best of it all was greeting my girls when I arrived; it's been so wonderful to have the close by.
I continue to feel well the majority of the time, but I am slow moving and trying to take it easy. I am spending the days with my mother-in-law and girls so I don't overdo it. She has taken great care of us all...some of them for weeks!
The song that comes to my mind when I look back at this journey with God is by Philips, Craig and Dean: "Jesus your Love Amazes Me." The first line is, "You dance over me, while I am unaware..." That's how I view the time in the OR...angels dancing around while so many people fervently prayed. His love truly amazes me, and I pray you feel the same awe.

8 comments:

Linds said...

I'm so glad you are home dear friend! I'm sure it was sweet to see the girls and home. thanks for the pictures... PTL she is already back to her birth weight, WOW! Hope to talk soon:) Linds

Reba said...

I am so glad you are home too, though you must just feel torn between both worlds (of girls :). Keep taking it easy...your family needs you. I look forward to watching God continue to work in your lives!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home resting and enjoying your girls. I'm sure they missed you tons!

We continue to pray for your complete and quick recovery as well as Sadie's improvement.

You're an amazing story!
Coach

Anonymous said...

Pam,
What an awesome God we serve! I wouldn't want any other!!!! Give me Jesus! Amen

Please tell me how I can help you. I so want to do something!
Love,
Jean K.

Nate M said...

I cannot imagine how good it feels to be in your own house with 2 of your girls and your hubby! I bet they all want a ton of attention. So glad that Grandpa can check up on Sadie. Can't wait to meet her.

We are keeping you all in our prayers.
Nate, Dee and Family

Rachel said...

Congrats on being home. We'll keep praying for all of you. Rest, and take it easy. Thank the Lord for family!!

Dusty said...

Hello! The pictures of Sadie are so wonderful! Though she is so tiny, she looks so great! I'm thinking of you daily, longing for the day I can hug you myself! See you soon! Much love-Dusty

Dillan Family said...

I'm glad you are home & that you have family to take care of you. Sadie is beautiful! I continue to pray for Sadie to be able to join you at home quickly. terri dillan