Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sadie May Arrives on 3/16

Dear friends, I apologize for not keeping this posted. Every day I have wanted to so badly, but I haven't had the time. This won't be a long entry, but I have good intentions of going into details later. I also want to include pictures, so hope I can figure that out.
After a great weekend with the girls, hubbie and my parents here, I started contractions again around 5:00 Sunday evening. In addition I was losing dark fluid. The muscle relaxant wasn't helping. The clincher was my lab works; my white blood counts were really up saying there was infection. We scheduled an 8:00 surgery. Lots of my dear nurses were either in my room getting me ready or giving me hugs. We are SO thankful my parents were here to take care of the girls and hubbie was here, too, Most weeks he is home at this time.
Sadie was delivered at 8:33, and I was able to hear her cry. Music to my ears! I wonder how long I will say that. :) She was 14.5 inches long and weighed almost 2.13 ounces. She has done miraculously well! Even my NICU nurse told me yesterday that she could be on so much more than she is. She has this cute dark hair, and looks like what the other two did before I ever saw them. I've been able to snuggle with her twice, and she has recognized my voice since I have met her. She probably learned it from all these weeks of talking on the phone with some of you. :)
We chose the name Sadie because we liked it from the time of naming Maisie. Some may even remember that when Maisie was born, Analise would tell people her name was Sadie, just to be silly. It means "princess" or I like to think, a daughter of the King. May is my paternal grandfather's name. She is a dear woman! Even though she came early, we didn't change her name to March. :)
I will post more of my miraculous recovery sometime later today. I need to get more sleep before the day begins. It's been hard to come by that the last couple of days. I can't thank you enough for your prayers. I truly may not be here if people hadn't been petitioning to the Lord on my behalf. Look how He, too, has answered so many prayers on Sadie's behalf. She continues to be a tiny little fighter!

11 comments:

Reba said...

I am looking forward to lots of pictures. And I am SO happy that you were up to posting today. I have been so worried about you. Please, don't ever scare me like that again. I am amazed at God's handiwork once again...your parents were there, your husband was there. And such a precious gift you were given. Actually two. Sadie and life/healing. I pray that your healing your will continue and that you will be up and about in no time at all.
Reba and family

Dusty said...

In light of all that has transpired this week, my dear friend, all that runs through my mind are lyrics from a familiar song, "I stand, I stand in awe of You. I stand, I stand in awe of You, Holy God to whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of you." What more could be said? Loving you and missing you-Dusty

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, on the birth of Sadie May! Wow, what a precious gift God has given you and your family. We look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful blessing. Continued prayers for the both of you!
Misty

Anonymous said...

Pam, this about brings tears to my eyes. I am just so encouraged by all that God has done. :-) I love you oh so much and can't wait to see you, Sadie, Brandon, Analise, and Maisie tomorrow. I love the lyrics that Dusty included in her post - and I totally agree. May the Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine down on you. I love you, sister!
Sarena

Anonymous said...

HI PAM!!!!!!!!!


Your blog is amazing, thanks for taking time to share with us. I heard (and read) about some of the trials you have been going through.....some VERY serious ones...let's just say I'm glad you (and Sadie) are doing better. :-) I will keep track of you, love you much - Lori Bunger

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,
Congratulations. We have been praying for you soooo much over the past few days. God is so GREAT!! I am relieved to hear that both you and Sadie are doing well. We can't wait to meet her. Tell the big sisters congratulations from us too. Please let us know how we can help in ANY way!!
Love,
Toby, Suzanne, EmmaLee, Cassandra and Kylee McDonald

Anonymous said...

Pam,

Jonathan and I are praising God for His work in your life and your precious daughter's life. We are praying for your continued recovery...you have been on our hearts constantly. We love you and your family dearly.
Love,
Nicole Hoesch

Anonymous said...

Pam,
What else can be said but
PRAISE THE LORD! We love you so much and are so thankful for you and Sadie's safety.
Continually praying,
Sara N.

Anonymous said...

Pam~
WOW...I am just in awe of our God and you. I love her name and thanks for sharing the pictures. We are still praying, Angie Mercer and family

Anonymous said...

Pam and Brandon, I am in total awe of this entire experience and inspired you and your famiies faith, what great witnesses to so many. Blessings to you all. Wendy Kreis

Adrienne (Lehner) Wampole said...

Hi, Pam! Congratulations on Saide May! And a huge sigh of relief that you are recovering. You really gave us a scare - Hindles, Deakynes, Rohrs', Marquardts, Dan - plus all our parents and families. You had a huge network of Blackhawk people praying. What a great Easter for you guys!