Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Week of Fun

We got home from CO on Saturday evening, and the first stop was to pick up Caramel. She was super excited to see us, and the girls were super excited to see her.
Monday afternoon some special company showed up at our door - Grandmom and Pops! I love how the girls wait outside for them to arrive, and then run to them to give them hugs as soon as they open their doors. We spent the afternoon hanging out at home while the girls showed them all their "new tricks." They know when they have a captive audience. :)
Monday night I had a meeting at church where spouses were invited. Brandon and I enjoyed our time there while mom and dad enjoyed time with the girls.
Tuesday morning we took the girls to the indoor play area. They played for an hour and had fun. That afternoon dad and Brandon golfed on the private golf course. Mom and I took the girls to the library and then did a little shopping downtown.
Weds. morning we went school supply shopping. It was SO nice having them there, since I was shopping for two this year. A 1-1 ratio really helps. They then took the girls for a picnic lunch while Brandon and I went out for lunch. I finally let him take me to a Thai restaurant. Wow! I know I got the dish that was most "Chinese," but it was simply amazing. It's my new favorite place to go.
That afternoon mom and I made salsa, and after dinner we all went to the track to get some exercise. From there we went to a newish yogurt place in town. I even got some! I got cheesecake flavored yogurt and put chocolate, caramel and nuts on tops. It tasted just like a turtle cheesecake. Mmmm! Another first in the same day. For someone who likes to stick with what I like, it's a big deal to try two new things in one day. :)
Thursday we went school clothes shopping. Again, it's so nice to do this with the grandparents. Thanks to online shopping, we could stay local. They took the girls out for lunch, and Brandon and I enjoyed a quiet lunch at home. After rest time, we all went swimming. And that night we went for a walk at the rock garden.
Friday morning dad went golfing early, and Analise and I went to do a little more clothing shopping just the two of us. It was lots of fun!
It was Maisie's day to choose lunch, so they went to Culver's. Brandon and I went to Ruby Tuesdays. That makes three lunch dates in a row. So nice! That afternoon we took the girls to the splash park. The days were so hot, we had to find ways to stay cool.
Saturday was spent freezing lots of corn. It went quickly thanks to the extra help. Mom, dad, and I took the girls out of town for a little more shopping.  Now that I think about it, I probably do most of my clothes shopping either when mom and dad are here or when I am there.  It's just always easier and more fun with them.
Sunday we went to church and then had to say our goodbyes. :( It's not nearly as fun as when they arrive. Thanks mom and dad for another great week. We feel blessed and a bit spoiled when you are here.
 
Maisie chose to open her birthday gifts from Grandmom and Pops while they were here. She had a "princess" theme.


At the rock garden




Reading books is a must when they are here
Sadie is warming up next to Grandmom at the splash park
And Caramel is cooling off...
I love how Analise "helped" Sadie with the monkey bars.
And Maisie is so excited that she can do it on her own.

Go Huskers!
Pops brought the girls a soccer ball. Apparently it's a hat before it's inflated.
One of the stores we shopped at was offering face painting. Maisie first asked for the lady to paint a hyena but settled for a butterfly. :)
After church on Sunday
What a good looking crew!


No comments: