Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Maisie is Six

We had a special birthday in August; Maisie turned six! I think she had been looking forward to it and counting down for six months. Needless to say, she was super excited!
Grandma and Grandpa took her for lunch, and then she and Grandma ran some errands.
 
 
It was finally time for her real day, and it was one day she hopped out of bed happy and ready to go!
She came into the kitchen and saw six balloons, the birthday bear and cinnamon rolls on the special plate. She even opened one gift - a new outfit from Aunt Peg and Uncle Danny.
Since I wasn't making a cake until later in the week, I had gotten a cookie for her.
 After school, her two special friends stopped by with gifts - the exact same cookies from where I had gotten mine the day before. How fun!
 For supper I made fried fish, corn on the cob and finger jello.
Excited to open gifts...just like I was excited that I actually had ideas of things to get her this year.
A microphone for my girls who loves to sing. She's my girl who can lost in a song and dance.
More Squinkies
We were blessed to have a friend give us the dress up clothes they had outgrown. My little princess was so excited!



Friday night we had a quick family celebration. I made her favorites - chicken and rice casserole, fruit and french bread to dip. I also added green beans because that is one veggie she will eat.
Some more great gifts
 Maisie had a hard time making a decision on what kind of cake she wanted this year. She is my daughter that has a hard time making a decision. Anyway, I suggested several summery ideas. She decided on penguins. So summery. But she did love penguins this year.

Hey dad-  like Brandon's hair? :)

Maisie- we love you so much and love the spark you add to our lives!

No comments: