Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Fun

We all slept in on Saturday morning. I woke up on my own at 8:00. I let myself stay in bed until 8:15, but then I got up since I knew I would be needed. The girls and I went and got donuts, and we ate breakfast at 9:30. We were so slow in getting anything accomplished all morning. I finally told Brandon I needed to run a couple of errands. He caught on that I wanted to run them by myself. :) I went and exchanged a shirt and then got a few groceries.
Saturday afternoon Brandon washed the van, and we all took part in helping wax it, too. It was a cloudy, cool day, so it worked out well. While we did the van, Sadie found Analise's hat and baseball mit and put it all on. Doesn't she look cute? :)


Saturday evening we wanted to eat dinner out and then go fishing, but we ran behind in getting the van finished, and I visited with our new neighbor for quite awhile. So we decided to just go out. We landed at Q'Doba, and we all enjoyed it.
Sunday evening we went out to the fishing club for the first time this season with all of us. I helped Maisie fish for the first time, and Brandon assisted Analise when she needed it. What a great, special family time! Sadie hung out in the stroller and watched. She would touch a fish when one was caught.
After Analise's first catch, she reeled it in and pulled it out of the water. As she did that, the fish came swinging around towards her. She squealed and sort of tossed the entire rod and reel into the nearby pine tree. Brandon caught it as it went by, but I think I split a gut laughing so hard.


I love this picture. Analise and Maisie both caught fish on their first casts. Analise ended up with seven, and Maisie caught five. We don't keep them. :) I just love seeing Brandon passing along his love of fishing onto his girls. He is so patient with them and sacrifices his time of casting to teach and help the girls. He knows someday he'll get that time back; right now it's more important in investing with the girls. Our hope is that someday when the girls are older they will still go fishing with dad, and that will be a time of sharing with each other.


The girls helping with the "wax off."





No comments: