Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friday Adventure

This weekend there was a gathering of Indians nearby. Since we couldn't go watch the big powwow in the middle of the afternoon, Grandma and I decided to take the girls in the morning to walk around. Sadie's favorite part - the bus ride. We had to shuttle over, and Sadie was so excited to be on the bus!
We walked around and looked at different things. The girls found this huge buffalo, and so I had to take a picture. The picture I didn't upload (but still makes me laugh) is Maisie touching something I had predicted she would touch. I'll let you figure it out. :)

Before the big celebration, some Indians had built a big lodge, just like they were built years ago. We got there just as they were dedicating the lodge. That got kind of long and very boring for the girls, but we finally had our turn to walk through.



It was nice to get outside on a beautiful day in an attempt to educate my children some on the Indian culture. One funny from the morning: When we got off the bus, we walked behind a portapotty that didn't smell so well. We quickly walked away, but Maisie kept saying, "What do I smell?" (With her nose turned up.) I asked her what she thought she smelled. "Cows." Analise pipes up, "I think I smell Indians." I quietly laughed and mentioned that we probably shouldn't say that again. :)


No comments: