Friday, June 25, 2010

Mostly Sweet Sadie

Sadie update: 27 months
My sweet 2 year old is just - well, a 2 year old. She can be the sweetest, most fun little girl that can make me smile and laugh. She can also be the same girl who can get frustrated easily to the point of hitting whoever is closest or throwing things across the room. She likes her ducks in a row, and she one to put things back right where they belong. The other day I put her in a shirt that had five little snaps. I snapped three of them, and she had to have them all snapped.
Sadie is quite the talker, and I hear her repeat things her older sisters are saying. It's like having a constant echo. I just love it! I feel like Maisie never did this, so this is new and exciting. She is speaking in longer sentences, and there are times she will rattle a sentence off to me, and I have absolutely no idea what she said. The other day I did understand. In her own version she asked me, "Where did my blanket go?"
She is doing awesome in her big girl bed! She stays in there when we put her to bed, and for awhile she came out on her own when she was awake. However, we had a few days where she was coming out too early in the morning. So Brandon put a doorknob cover on the inside of her door. Now she just calls for me or knocks on the door when she wants out.
Sadie spends her fair share of time in time outs. I put her on her bed and tell her she can come out when she is going to be kind. Most of the time it works. Sometimes I will ask her if she needs a timeout, and she will say, "Yes."
Sadie is a pretty good eater. Breakfast is her worst meal of the day. She, like Maisie, loves fruit. She does well with a fork and spoon.
She is determined to do what her sisters are doing! One day she wanted to get dressed herself, just like she watched Maisie do. She had the shorts about on, and she had the shirt over her head.
Sadie still loves to sing. There's no doubt what song she is singing!
She can make most of the animal sounds upon request.
A couple of weeks ago, she was extra crabby. I finally figured out why - two year molars were coming in.
She still calls "milk", "juice" but we are working on that. She doesn't even drink juice. She is still needing the fat and calories from whole milk.
She is still skin and bones - no chubby on this girl. However, she does still have her little Buddha belly. All pants must have the adjustable waistband.
She is our miracle, and we are so thankful how she completes are family. Sadie, we love you!



Sadie put on the goggles all by herself.




No comments: