Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ponytail Softball

I signed Analise up for softball this year. She was excited because she has watched all three cousins play t-ball. It worked out great because it gets us out of the house two mornings a week, and it's at the park closest to our house. Somehow, though, we manage to run 5 minutes late every time. It's a very organized, encouraging program for the girls. The first half they practice, and then they play. While they practice, I let the other two burn some energy at the playground.
I don't expect or have high hopes of Analise playing softball. I just wanted her to learn the rules, have some fun and learn how to throw. Lord help me if I have a girl that throws like a girl!
Thankfully she is having fun. She's not the most aggressive player, but she wants to learn and tries hard. She's made a few outs, and she does a pretty nice job hitting off the tee. Towards the end of their season, the coaches will pitch to the players. They practiced that for the first time yesterday, and Analise hit 4-5 pitches!











No comments: