Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fun

Since we were gone all day Monday, Tuesday became the catch up day. Groceries, errands, etc. All the exciting things...hah! However, Tuesday night was a lot of fun! After I got the girls showered and ready for bed, I headed out the door for some girl time. I picked up my new neighbor (who I already knew) and we went to meet some other friends for girls night out. We went to G's house this time, and the six of us talked, laughed, ate yummy treats and drank our Sonics. When we go to Starbucks, we are kicked out at 10:00. Well, G didn't do that. :) So we ended up staying until midnight! It truly was refreshing and good for the soul. Thanks my dear friends for the great night!
Weds. morning was Tball. It was a beautiful morning, and Analise had fun. The other two get antsy, but we manage. After we're finished, I let them play at the park for awhile. We then went to the library after that. I tried something new this time before going to the library; it's called bribery. :) I told the girls that if they picked a prize from the coupons, I would give them a Blow Pop. I know they will enjoy the coupon prizes, but since they just see it as a piece of paper, they like to choose a cheap toy instead. (Analise is catching on.) It worked! The girls were happy with their Blow pops (Sadie gets a Dumdum) and they will be trilled when they get to go mini golfing.
Weds. night I left right after supper for my commission meeting at church. The girls had fun with Brandon, and he was tucking them in when I got home. I am always elated when I see how excited the girls are when I get home.
Thursday was a busy day. Since it was really windy, we didn't go to the park. We went to the CM again. G dropped off the older two while she took her youngest to the doc. Her kiddos hung out with mine. We also had my nephews, K and A playing with them as well. They were quite the crew, but they had lots of fun together. K and A came home with us for just awhile before S picked them up. After lunch I put the girls down for naps, and we had a high school girl, K, that the girls know well come over to babysit. Analise and I went to a friend's house who lives on a small lake. We met other moms and their young elementary kids. The goal in getting together during the summer is for the moms to invest spiritual things into our kids. It's kind of like a kid's Bible study. We are doing a VBS from Answers in Genesis. So the kids play in the lake with all sorts of fun things, we do the study, and the kids play again. Brandon and I decided it was worth the money of paying a sitter to have this QT with Analise, by connecting her with other Christian friends and investing in her growth. Aunt S. kept her there longer so I could get home to the other two. K stayed and chatted for 30 minutes after I got home. It's encouraging to see a high school girl with a good head on her shoulders, and one the loves/serves the Lord. I hadn't even told the girls that when they got up from naps that she would be there. They were excited!
We met Analise at swim lessons since Aunt S took her there. As a friend said, we'd been switching kids all day. It was another reminder of how blessed we are to have something like that. It's such a natural thing for us; the kids don't mind, and it helps S and me out. Blessings!

No comments: