Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Monday was finally a nice day! After days of heat, wind and some storms, we woke up to sunshine and no humidity on Monday. We got all packed up and left the house at 8:45. I'm still amazed. We stopped for donuts, and overall, we enjoyed the hour trip down. It was nice to visit with Brandon about some things that I've wanted to talk about. We got to the cabin and while Brandon got the boat ready, I made lunch and got the girls in their suits...and sunscreen, and hats, and sunglasses. It's never easy!
We were glad mom went with us; we always enjoy having her around. We got on the water about 11:40 and off the water 1:30ish. It was cool enough we didn't need the canopy. We ate lunch on the boat, and Brandon and mom trolled. The girls enjoyed it and did a nice job.
We came back to the cabin so the younger ones could take much needed naps. We said goodbye to S and D who had to leave, and Analise went back out on the boat with her cousins. We were both thrilled. Brandon worked on the boat, and I layed on the deck and read. Believe it or not, I don't remember the last time I sat in a lounge chair outside to simply read. It was lovely! I tried to come in before I looked like a lobster. I was able to read some more inside before family came back from boating. We all ate a yummy dinner, packed up and headed home. We got home at 8:00, and I quickly gave the girls much needed showers. After the girls were in bed, I went outside and picked my first bowlful of strawberries! You just can't beat a fresh strawberry. Mmm! A great day and weekend had come to an end.
Brandon getting the boat ready.
Sweet Sadie boating style

She was excited to wear her new gear!
Maisie is in there somewhere.

Sadie in her new monkey suit.






No comments: