Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finally!

Analise finally lost her first tooth! It's been quite wiggly for a few days, but she never likes us messing with it. I finally decided to drop the subject and let her take care of it. However, Thursday night Brandon wiggled it and realized how loose it really was. So we sat her on the counter, much to her dismay (she was tired, I'll admit), I held her hands while he reached in and pulled it. She kept saying, "I'm all done..." and didn't even realize it was gone! As her mouth bled a little, I took her to the bathroom to clean her up. She told me she never wanted to lose a tooth again. Finally after about five minutes, she began to realize that this was exciting. She called both grandmas and told them all about it. Grandmom talked with her quite awhile, and I heard Analise tell her that she was hoping the Tooth Fairy brought her $1.87. My ears perked up and later asked Analise why that strange amount. She told me it was from an Adventures in Odyssey. She was excited to go to bed with the tooth in her tooth pillow. She was even more excited to wake up and find $1.87! One of the coins was a half dollar. The Tooth Fairy knew that I got those, too, when I lost a tooth. Tradition carries on! The other $1.37 was a bonus for the first tooth, I guess.


1 comment:

Reba said...

Your tooth fairy is getting off easy...it is two bucks a tooth around here. :) And we have one of the cheaper tooth fairies. :) I used to get silver dollars...it was so much fun to find them. Congrats on the first tooth loss...it is a big step!