Friday, June 25, 2010

Daddy's Day

The girls were definitely ready to see daddy when we got to the lake. There is definitely a big void when he is gone. The girls miss his tickling, playing with them, and he loves to make them laugh! I love how he points to God as the source of life, and makes it a priority to tell the girls about Him. Not only that, he likes to know how the girls are living their lives for Him. We've started a dinner time tradition (it used to be at bedtime, but now that the girls are older and can learn from each other, so we moved it) that while we are eating, Brandon will ask the older two girls how they showed God's love during the day. One of these days we will add another questions as well, "How did you see God work in your life today?"
It seems like just yesterday I made the big announcement to Brandon that he was going to be a father. In fact, it was right before Father's Day, so I gave him his first Father's Day card. It took a second to sink in, but once it did, he was thrilled! Nine months later he watched the doctor pull Analise from me, went to help bathe her and then walked into my room a little later and said, "She is amazing!" Welcome to fatherhood my dear. You've since then been captivated by three young girls - your beautiful daughters. People say they look like you, Maisie acts like you did when you were little, and you are instilling your love into them, whether it be the love for outdoors and fishing, or the love of your Father. One of my prayers is that someday my girls can marry a guy like their daddy!

No comments: