Monday, January 12, 2009

A New Year

I am slowly catching up on my blogging. Once I am caught up, I hope to keep up. :) First let me mention that I am trying to change this Christmas background. Last week the site was down and then today they want a password? I've never created anything...
The first week back from vacation was chaotic but fun. Brandon began to take out the wood floor in the kitchen and eating area. What hard work and a mess! My kitchen table was in the living room, along with all the new Christmas stuff. My oven was in the entry way and dust was everywhere! Bless his heart he worked for several long, hard days not only taking out the old floor, but he put in tile. It looks great! I am thankful to now have my kitchen table and oven where they belong. :)
During that week we spent time at his folks so the girls could nap, and they were gracious enough to let us eat there, too. We had lots of fun! Aunt S. spent time at our house, too. She even fed the girls supper one night so Brandon and I could go out! It's not hard accepting an offer like that! Thanks S! She and I watched a movie one night...High School Musical. We felt like a couple of teeny boppers. :) But we enjoyed it, I will admit! Next time she's home, we're watching the second one.
We finally celebrated our own little family Christmas the morning of the 2nd. The girls enjoyed opening gifts again and didn't seem to mind we were a little late in celebrating. Later that day, the mom in law let the girls nap at her place so we could go see "Bolt" with Aunt S. Thanks! So, like I said amongst the mess and chaos, we squeezed in the fun.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like a fun time. Oh, I love the High School Musicals...I actually think three and one are my favorites. Now I am wanting to see Marley and Me...I love having these kids to use as an excuse to go see these movies. :) Congrats on the new floor!