Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home!

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Sadie. We were able to come home last evening. Yeah! Her oxygen levels were high enough on room air for both her naps. We continue to do treatments at home, but I think the worst is over.
I still have no idea where she got this bug, but we are thankful she was getting her "liquid gold" shots. Though it didn't prevent her from getting RSV, she was able to have the antibodies to protect her from it getting severe. My doctor told me that most kids in the hospital for RSV need 2-3 liters of O2, and Sadie was only at 1 liter for a short time. We know that's important because her lungs are small and don't need that added stress.
It feels great to be home with the family again. Maisie is now experiencing the "cold" side of RSV. Lord willing it won't last long.
On a fun note, the girls were able to play outside today because it's 55 degrees! Such a teaser for spring. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Sadie is back home. We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery. I agree the weather was beautiful today. I'm afraid both of my kids have "spring fever" and it's only January. Take care and always thinking of you.

Misty

Reba said...

I am so glad that Sadie is home. I do hope the cold is short lived. I am also glad to know the shots helped ease the severity. We had that spring teaser today...I think it is short lived too...

Linds said...

Yeah! happy that Sadie is home and we will pray all the "colds" will vanish out of your house soon:) Love to you all!

mikeanddebbie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your blog with me, Pam! You and the girls are beautiful! I'm thankful Sadie is home and feeling much better! I'll check in often!

mikeanddebbie said...

I just went back and caught up on your journey with Sadie. What an amazing ride you have been on! God is so good and I'm so thankful for a happy ending! You are blessed and your story was a blessing to me!

Dillan Family said...

so glad to see sadie is home & improving. i pray the rest of you will get & stay healthy.

HeyBabe said...

Glad to hear that Sadie is doing better! I'll keep you guys in my prayers!