Thursday, January 8, 2009

December Days

Analise created her own recipe



The girls enjoyed the Christmas season. They loved the trees, looking at lights, shopping for gifts, and singing Christmas songs. Analise does a great job at keeping secrets! She went shopping with Brandon for me, and she knew some things I got him. She doesn't make a peep.
The girls loved playing in the first deep snow. They spent lots of time of there and came in without being too cold. Brandon makes sure they have warm hands and feet.
One evening while I was making dinner, Analise wanted to create her own recipe. I let her imagination fly...and she flew to the moon. I can remember a few things she put in there: water, salt, pepper, sugar, lettuce, tomato, even snow! Needless to say, none of us were brave enough to try it!
Again the girls had a tree in their room. Analise put the ornaments on, and she did a nice job spacing them evenly. They liked going to bed with the green, tree lights on.
The tree in the living room is my favorite. I have a s'more ornament collection that we started years ago, and we keep adding to it. (We have over 60!) We also have ornaments from trips we have been on. Most of the ornaments are dated on the bottom so I remember. It's not a fancy decorated tree; it's a memory tree for me. Sadie had some special ornaments on the tree this year. One of her NICU nurses gave her a Willow Tree called "The Angel of Miracles." It was a dear gift. This month one of my dear friends gave me the Willow Tree ornament "Angel of Prayer." I was almost in tears when I looked at the two together; if it wasn't for prayer, we probably wouldn't have our miracle!

No comments: